Saturday, January 5, 2019

Suffering


Sweat stinging his darting eyes
Hands trembling with the dagger
The suffering will end now or never
Time to end that cocky swagger
Taking deep long breaths
Plunging the knife into the coward's neck
Moaning and groaning, gurgling and spurting
Time to celebrate on the quarterdeck

Year goes by, time for the grand opening
Of The Muck Mush Mash Tavern
A place for one and all
Even those who live in the mountain caverns
Bards strum, sing, whistle, wine, and dine
All through the cold, dark, rainy nights
Chef cooks up every type of wild beast
Gonna conjure this town up to new heights

The town sprouts up, trading booms
Adventurers travel far and wide to the Mash
Plenty saved already to give the kids a swell life
Friends with the Count, never once a clash
Giving folks a more rewarding life
The wretched past dead and buried
Focused on sowing for the future
Relishing the day we got married

Rain obstructing my sight
Shivers echoing in my spine
Hatred fueling me through the oozing mud
Gorgeous visions of blood splattering the shrine
Imagining the despairing cries of his family
When I pierce that ransacker's flesh
Or better yet if I can find use for my flail
Give that rat maurauder a proper thresh

The suffering will end now or never
Coward slaughtered my father in his sleep
Sleeping has been tortue for me ever since
Time to put down that hellhound acting a sheep
His kids will know the pain I've endured
Time to bring this town to its knees
My life of suffering will be cleansed in their pain
My suffering existence will be brought to ease

No comments:

Post a Comment