Thursday, January 10, 2019

Drunken Angel


Why do I stay in this sump?
Try to rebuild and heal
Wasting away my skills and zeal
Can't help feeling like a chump

Young punks trying to impress the gangs
Adults refuse to take their medication
Let their kids fuel every temptation
My mind assaulted with perpetual bangs

This miserable place need not be a disgrace
If some folks would only heed my advice
We'd be so much closer to a paradise
An idea nobody wants to embrace

What am I left to do?
Spend all my free time in the bars
On the odd clear night, stare to the stars
Wish that somebody would get a clue

There is the young girl Yoshiko
She does what I say and seeks to do more
I tell her to go treat herself at the candy store
She doesn't know the meaning of woe

Thousands of people happily living in a sump
Pains my heart and makes we weep
At least one girl stands tall on her feet
Her strength and outlook shames this grump

No comments:

Post a Comment