Wednesday, January 23, 2019

A True Path


My mind consumed by the past
Drifting off, dreaming in the future
Didn't notice I'm way off the rails
Path I was following, nowhere in sight

Too passive to enforce boundaries
People stomping all over me
Can't keep focused on any one thing
Being dragged every which way

No part of me is touching reality
Painfully aware of my frailty
Can't decide which direction to take
Need a path that's true, nothing more fake

Just trying to not be a bother
Just want to feel useful
Doing good is not for the weak
Can't even do right by myself

Can't remember where I was headed
To what future was I aspiring?
What course could yield good fruit?
Will my hands bring forth ashes?

Revelations cleaning my spotty lenses
Songs building to whoppin' cadenzas
Heart pulsing with delight of brisk air
Free from drowning in rules that ain't fair

The thoughts we think, constantly recycle
What I was recycling was sour and rotten
Needed to cleanse, refresh, learn to think anew
Let what has passed float from view

I know what makes me click
That knowledge helps me to pick
Time shapes opportunities with open space
I'm shown what to chase with a proper pace

Life is so much easier if you open your eyes
See what is real, not what you feel
Study to learn what is wise
Act deliberately, and you'll find glee

It won't matter what must be endured
You'll be living a life assured
Sorrow and strife won't mean your end
Your life and more, you'll find strength to mend

No comments:

Post a Comment