Thursday, January 3, 2019

Murmuring Heart


Nurses aren't liking the paleness of my skin
Asking if they can notify my kin
Don't bother, don't wanna stir up any trouble
I'll cause enough when they're digging through my rubble
Silence lifts my fears out of the holes I've dug
My murmuring heart is crying out for a hug

For years they kept me benched on the lines
I happily stayed inside and pulled the blinds
My brokenness rhymed with my social health
All too poetic to fight my desire for stealth
And all the better if the world sees me as smug
But my murmuring heart keeps crying for a hug

No memories to ponder as treasure
Only future moments of hopeful pleasure
Serenity washes over the blinking lights
Find out soon if I'll have many more fights
Feeling content to relax my best and shrug
Though my murmuring heart yearns for a hug

Shocked to hear the doctor's diagnosis
Perfectly fine, maybe just a problem of neurosis
The story that's been told over and over through my time
No truth in it, just a deceitful coat of grime
My life's work will now have to be to debug
As my murmuring heart still cries for a hug



No comments:

Post a Comment